NPR

Just a head’s up that we may be on a San Diego NPR show today around 10:20 PST. I say may because you never know when you may get bumped. But if it does happen, we’ll be part of a segment about mothers who blog. Yes, they know I’m not a mother.

Update: Well, what do you know? This turned out to be totally real. What a neat surprise. I got to join in on a cool interview that included Heather Armstrong of dooce and Samantha Goldstein.

Schaff up in New York City was nice enough to record and convert the interview to a MP3 audio file. (He also trimmed the tape to where I came in.) Take a listen if you like:

This clip was excerpted from the show These Days on San Diego NPR.

If you are a first time visitor, I have a First Time Here section. I also like to point out a few of my favorite sleep stories:

Thanks for visiting!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to NPR

1. Marie says:

You can get a live feed kpbs dot org

2. Valerie says:

Wow, your voice sounds totally different than I thought it would. Oh, and good job, too. You did well in describing what the service is. No publicity is bad publicity! Glad you’re getting the word out.

Ok, I have to ask: What did you think it would sound like?

4. Jamie says:

Nice job. I’m going to check out the audio once I get home (stupid work computer and its speakerless lack of speakers). You must have a great agent!

5. Valerie says:

Haha, well I’m not sure, it just wasn’t what I was expecting–for some reason I thought you’d be a loud person, but you have a quiet tone. I guess I just read everything on the site in a particular voice and your REAL voice didn’t sound the same. It’s not a bad thing….now I wish I hadn’t said anything, I don’t want to give you a complex re: your voice! :O)

6. jo says:

Ditto Valerie, I thought you would have a deeper voice, but I think we tend to give an unknown voice a sound we are used to.
    Congratulations, you earned every minute on that show!!!

Ah true, I don’t have a real deep voice. I was just wondering if you were expecting more of a southern accent or something ;)

8. Michele says:

Actually, Benmac, I was expecting a Bronx Cheer. (Not really, I saw you on MSNBC a while back) BUT, I just wanted to tell you that I used to to check Trixie’s sleep chart for “hope” too, just like Heather did. It was really awesome to be able to take an approximate sneak peek at what my daughter would be up to in 10 months (she was born june 2004, and i found you approx november 2004).

My point, and I do have one, is thank you for sharing your family’s life with me. You have no idea what a source of support (and amusement) it has been. :-)

9. Hava says:

Ditto Michele. I had Simon in June 2004 and found this site shortly thereafter. I would vist the archives to see what Trixie was doing at Simon’s age — it really is such a universal experience. Especially the pumping (which is, of course, not universal, fun or even natural but I felt it was necessary). It was interesting to learn how you were managing the dairy. And it was comforting to know that I could have kept up with Trixie’s consumption while I struggled five times a day, twenty minutes at a time, to make enough milk for my incredibly hungry but amazingly thin boy (so glad those days are over). On the other hand, he is nearly two and still takes 3 to 4 hour naps every day. Whenever my husband (a stay at home Dad) complains that Simon only made it to 2 or 3 hours, I point him to Trixie’s nap patterns. You win some, you lose some ;)

If we do it again, I’ll definately sign up for the TrixieTracker.

10. Valerie says:

I didn’t even think of the southern accent thing….I don’t think of NC as being The South. My husband is from TX so I’ve learned to not make fun (I’m from Colorado and to him and his family, I’M the one with the accent.) Anyway, you sounded very intelligent and answered very eloquently without going over anyone’s head.

11. christina says:

i was surprised to find (even before reading the above) that you DID sound like i thought you would . . .

and i agree that you explained the trixie tracker and TTU quite coherently which i’m not good at doing, and from now on i will be quoting you when i talk about them.

ditto on the others’: thanks for TTU and TTT (though my addiction to my child’s sleep charts can be ridiculous . . . )