Spread the Word

I thought I would be writing more Trixie stories after we launched Trixie Tracker ( http://www.trixietracker.com ), but things don’t always turn out the way you expect. In fact, marketing Trixie Tracker is much, much harder than I expected, and there’s not time for much else.

I’ve learned that creating a new business and and introducing a completely new type of service is no cake walk. The design of the software was the fun, creative part. This is the nitty gritty part. I have to let new parents know that Trixie Tracker exists, and show them that it’s an insanely helpful and cool new way to understand their baby’s daily patterns and needs.

I’d appreciate your help in getting the word out. Can you recommend the site to family, friends and co-workers? Or are you an active participant on a parent’s message board or forum? Encourage folks to come try out the free trial. Thanks in advance everyone!

This entry was posted in Site News. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Spread the Word

1. Patti says:

Already there for you. I belong to a listserve that supports women who pump breastmilk for their babies. In response to a post from a woman who expressed relief that she wasn’t the only anal retentive record keeper on the list, I posted a link to Trixie Tracker. Heh. I kind of felt bad about it actually. It’s like walking into a group for prescription drug addicts and innocently leaving behind a dime bag of ritalin.

2. Sarah B. says:

Maybe some postcard-type advertisements ($, I know…) left at friendly maternity shop counters? I will let the ladies at my area La Leche League know about this resource, at least. Good luck!

3. Elizabeth says:

I’ve already been telling everyone I know who’s pregnant or has a small child – I’ll keep it up!

Patti, could you send me the link for that listserv? Email is my first name above, at contracheck dot com. Thanks!

4. DebbiesTwins says:

I’ve enjoyed your blog for over 2 years but never posted before; I sure could have used the sleep tracking ability when my girls were the cause of much sleep deprivation. I plugged TrixieTracker on the Twinstuff forum.

5. momwannabe says:

Hi – I’ve told lots of people about you, Trixie and the tracker. I recently gave the link to the tracker to friends who were clumsily using excel to chart their little one’s progress! They were thrilled to see your application! We wish you all the best success with it.

Thanks everyone! We definitely appreciate it 🙂

7. Patti says:

Elizabeth: Just sent you a message with the info!

8. anna says:

Ben: Congrats on the launch! I have been telling lots of pepole about it as well. The problem is, most of my friends are on thier 3rd or 4th baby and honestly its hard to do this when you have a newborn and two or three other preschoolers running around! I think you should market it towards first timers, I WISH I had it when my oldest was born, it would;ve been a lifesaver. No that we’re pregnant with the third, the schedule and routine just doesn;t seem as important, we just kinda go with the flow! Its incredible software, good luck and i’ll keep spreading the word!

9. YM says:

Actually I believe your product should be quite popular among the number-loving Asians — I know quite a lot of us (I’m Chinese) using excel sheet to track their babies’ stat… anyway I have mentioned Trixietracker in my blog, mingbaobao.com (about rich and famous babies and products they use, mostly read by Asians and expats in Asia). Hope it will lead to some business for you!

Love Trixieupdate all along. Keep up with the good work and let me know if I can be helpful in other ways.

10. John Beeler says:

Seems that a blog icon, or something someone could use on MySpace, would be really helpful in viral marketing. Something customizable but simple (like Flickr’s badge generator), where blog visitors could see whether the blogger’s baby was asleep, or the number of daily diapers, etc.

11. John Beeler says:

TT also sounds like something Wired might be interested in. have you tried sending a well written press release to them? Maybe save up a bunch of big updates with new features and then send it their way. That parents are interested in this much statistical analysis about their kids and using the web to do it sounds like something Wired would write about.

Hi John,

Thanks for the ideas. We’ve been talking about a web services piece (similar to Flickr) but it’s taking a little longer to get things moving than I hoped. Wired is an ideal venue, and we’re working on that too 🙂