What's up

I’m sure everyone has noticed the lack of new stories. I’m having a hard time juggling all things Trixie — the child, the blog, the software — and since Trixie can’t be left to her own devices, the Trixie Update has. This isn’t permanent. I hope to get more stories up soon, but there might be a couple more dry weeks as I deal with www.trixietracker.com.

For sure Trixie is doing plenty of entertaining things. Language is the primary distraction. She’s babbling worlds. Words like Moh!! (No) Buckshul!! (Buckle) and Heussse (Juice). We have conversations now: “Trixie, what did you have for lunch?” “BAY-BEES!!” “What do you want for dinner?” “Katttzz!”

The TPODs aren’t going anywhere. I’ll still have a new one up five days a week. They should be good ones, especially now that Trixie is helping out with the images.

This entry was posted in Language. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to What's up

I’ll miss the regular stories, but I certainly understand. Isn’t the language acquisition fun? Hopefully, when things settle, we’ll hear more about that.

2. Judy says:

You’ve hit an exciting time in toddlerdom! Their words are always the cutest! I can’t wait to experience it again!

Is Trixie still part-timing at the school? Just curious.

First of all, I’m glad to hear that all is well with Ben Jenn and Trixie. I wasn’t *worried* per se, basically on the herd principle — no one else was seeming worried. But I was, you know, a little…

The language acquisition thing is amazing. I tried keeping a log of Rachel’s words as she started using them and understanding them, but after the first three months or so it’s gotten too hard to keep up. I put what I can on the list, but it’s in no way comprehensive. Still fun to look at, though.

–FrumDad

Yes, the language acquisition is certainly one of the most amazing and fun developmental milestones to watch. Since you have so much free time, ben, could we get a Trixie lexicon going or something? Would be fun to see what she’s learning to say and when. Sophie’s new word is “stupendous”, which is amazing b/c I don’t think her dad or I ever say it, so who knows where she picked it up, but it’s funny.

5. haeshu says:

good god ben, letting her eat babies and cats??? and i though seltzer was bad…

6. Tina says:

Mmmmmm… babies… tasty! 😉

Can’t wait to see the pics Trixie takes.

7. Michele says:

“Baby…..the ‘other’ other white meat”

-Fat Bastard
    Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me

Judy: Yep. Trixie’s still doing part-time daycare. And it’s interesting to see how closely her language acquisition maps to the start of school. Was it just her time? Was school the catalyst? I wish we had twins so I could have kept one at home as a control subject.

9. Nanay says:

I don’t know if having twins would really work. Don’t they communicate telepathically??? 😉

10. Jaynee says:

I am so thrilled about the Beta Trixie Tracker being available! YAY!