Poll: Who's the weak link

Take a look at today’s TPOD and then tell us what happens in your household. (Poll is on your left under Latest TTU Comments on the Trixie Update homepage.)

This entry was posted in Polls. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Poll: Who's the weak link

1. molly says:

Couldn’t vote in the poll…my daughter (who’ll turn one tomorrow) will NOT stay in our bed! I know I shouldn’t be complaining, but she is devoted to her crib. When I try to bring her in to snuggle in the morning, she hightails it to the foot of the bed to shimmy on down and toddle off to say good morning to her toys.

2. julie says:

I agree with Molly – my daughter is 20 mos and we never caved during the first year and now she wouldn’t want to sleep in our bed. Downside as Molly mentioned – no cuddle time in AM – it’s “eat! down! eat!”

3. lori says:

I’m glad you had the option: “I don’t have kids; does the cat count?”

That is so us! In our case, my husband (aka the “Daddy”) is the weak link…sometimes*. Funny, though, he brings him in to bed with us, then ends up all contorted in the morning and usually with a stiff neck, arm, or leg (from not moving all night) b/c the cat LOVES my husband (it was his cat prior to marriage) and usually sleeps on or right next to him all night. Oh, and then there’s the gentle nudging that goes on.

I don’t know how anyone can sleep with their kids. How do ya’ll fit? We have a king size bed and there’s hardly any room when the cat sleeps with “us.” It’s amazing…he’s only 12 lbs and maybe 19 inches (with tail) and he can take up SO MUCH ROOM!!!

* Note: I have to fess up…I have been guilty of wanting the cat to sleep with us – only b/c I’d rather have him in for the night than out. And, I know he won’t sleep on me all night (hee, hee).

4. samantha says:

Well. . . This may throw the poll a little bit. My son and I sleep together most of the time. Although lately I’ve slept on the futon in the living room and last night little man woke up at the 1am hour. So, I decide to take him to bed with me for a change. . . Bad Idea! He squirmed, wiggled, kicked me in the head, sat up, kicked off the covers, elbowed me, scooted into a position where his feet were at my head and his elbow at my bladder.

You can see that I had very little rest after that. Plus I’m the only parent in this family so I have no one to blame but myself.

5. Summer says:

How about an option for, child never sleeps in the parent’s bed? Autumn has never! She’s been in her crib (bassinet when she was an infant) since birth… I don’t think she would even fall asleep in our bed! She likes her crib

6. becky says:

I like the cat option, only for me it’s my little 25lb beagle. It is annoying when she lays right in the middle of the bed so I have to sleep around her (it’s amazing how much space she can occupy), when she sleeps on top of the comforter so when I wake up with no covers, I can’t get any because she has used them to make a nest for herself, and when my boyfriend is visiting. However, I miss her snuggling up next to me when I am away. She was like a little space heater during the winter. 🙂

I added a “never” option to the poll. Hopefully that will help with the choices.

becky: I’m glad you point out that “cat” is just placeholder in that poll option. It could be a cat, a beagle or that stranger you met in a bar at 3 o’clock in the morning. The field is wide open.

8. Rubi says:

My opinion is enjoy it while it lasts. Soon your baby will grow up and would rather go “hang out” then spend time with you so embrace no one is to blame! =]

9. Carabeth says:

we have a family bed, ish. Amelia’s little bed is butted up between the wall and our bedso sometimes she’s in bed with us, sometimes she’s in her own bed and sometimes she’s crossways half on one with her little bum in the air…

I’d be interested to see the poll broken down by baby’s sex. As in, I’d bet that more Fathers are the culprits w/r/t their daughters, and more Mother’s if it’s a son.

Nothing creepy intended here. Just the whole “daddy’s little girl” thing and its obverse.

–FD

11. aidens momma says:

when aiden was frst born his bassinet was right next to our bed and i would pull him into nurse when he woke up at night….so eventually it turned into co-sleeping (against dadda’s wishes). now he religously sleeps in his own crib in his room unless he is sick…then it is dadda who caves in. that is partly cause daddy works away from home for a week at a time. that and he never notices the feet/arms in the back lol..i sure will miss it when its gone. i already miss the nursing days when he slept curled up in the crook of my arm **sniff**

12. Jaynee says:

Hee hee! I posted a similar picture just today!!

13. Laura says:

If the kidlet is having a rough night, I go get her and sleep on the couch with her so as not to wake the hubby up. It doesn’t happen very often (I think twice in the last six months), but it’s kinda sweet when it does. Any time we’ve tried to bring her in bed with us in the morning (if she wakes up a little earlier than we’d like), she ends up poking and prodding and kicking and making sure we’re nice and awake like she is. She’s been in her crib since 7 weeks old and she loves it!

14. Suzanne says:

Well, my first son slept in our bed until I was around 3 months pregnant with the second one. Then he started in his bed so he wouldn’t kick my swelling belly (around 2 years old). There were a few transition nights where he’d wake up and come into our bed, but it was just a week or two. We didn’t even bother getting the crib out of the attic with the second son. He’s slept in our bed since birth. But he’s going into his brother’s room as soon as he hits his first birthday!
    I voted Mommy because Daddy is completely against the whole idea, but he pacifies my paranoid and sympathetic tendencies.

15. Judy says:

Okay, Ben, so who was the weakest link?

I’ve been checking back so often to find out the result now that I’m probably screwing up any type of site meter you might have! HAHA

Judy: Sorry about that — I had left the answer in the TPOD comments. I didn’t think to put it in these comments too. Anyway, it’s Jenn. Every time.