I'm down

Trixie’s bug has hit me in a serious way. Just wanted to let you guys know that Trixie seems like she’s going to be fine, and that I’m not ignoring the comments — I just can’t respond at the current time.

This entry was posted in Day-to-Day Minutiae. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to I'm down

1. Abbycat says:

Geez–You poor things! Have you considered sick building syndrome? You know, mold in the attic or air/heating ducts? Might be worth checking with your neighbors to see if they get sick too. This BIDS thing goes too far!

2. Leslie says:

Get well wishes to Trixie and her Dad! If it’s like what we had you will be violently ill for 12 hours, then not able to move for the next 12 -then it’s gone. I was so sick at the height of it, I let Graham watch Barney and was grateful for the goofy purple puppet, a real low point. Graham recovered even faster than we did. We all got it- highly contagious. I know there are probably 1000 different tummy bugs out there but that was our experience. Here’s hoping Jen dodges this bullet!

3. haeshu says:

so, anxiety is out the window. sorry to hear you struck down by the ickiness too. here to hoping you can aim your projectile vomit into a proper recpticle.

4. Camille says:

I feel your pain, we are entering our third week of illness here.

5. Geez, and I thought WE were getting sick a lot. Always nice to know there’s someone worse out there ;-). But – it’s been a record month and a half (knock on wood) since we’ve been sick (knock on wood again and again and again). Let’s hope that once our babies are kids that their immune systems will be top notch!

6. emmy says:

oh, ben..maybe enough to re-think the daycare thing afterall?? My ped. says that kids get sick the most between 18mo and 3 years old so we are holding off school until my girls are 3. hope you feel better soon!

7. Terri says:

I’m a newbie to this site after reading about it in the NY Times. Trixie is adorable and Ben you have to be one of the most patient, kind, generous men on the face of the planet. You are always so nice and positive in your posts, even when I know it’s been a difficult day. I mean Trixie is up to 7 diaper changes today! I hope she is feeling better soon and Jen you are a very lucky lady to have these two sweeties in your life.

8. fred says:

“Trixie seems like she’s going to be fine.” Looks like you’ve given up the ghost on that McNeill character.

9. Van says:

Our daughter started daycare when she was 2 months old and that first winter, she did get a lot of colds. Now she’s 18 months old and has made us sick numerous times this winter, while managing to dodget nearly all of it herself. Tuesday I had to leave work early because I felt awful. We have now diagnosed that both my husband and I caught the flu, most likely from our little carrier monkey, who mocks us with her healthiness and flu shot.

10. Peggy says:

Boy, this takes me back to when my daughter first started pre-school. It almost wasn’t worth writing the check for the first two years considering how much time she was home sick with colds – that turned into ear infections – and occasionally evolved into even bigger and better illnesses.

I think that no matter what age the child is when they are first thrown into a group environment, they are going to pick up some ugly bugs…..and unfortunately those bugs will be passed on to Mom and Dad. It seemed as if our household was always either getting over or coming down with something. This went on each winter until early grammar school. I am sure that my daughter’s file at the pediatrician had some sort of red flag on it.

After a couple of winters her immune system toughened up but it seemed like forever. It gets better, I promise.

Best wishes and feel better soon,
    Peggy

BTW, I am sure that a therapist would have a field day with this but I started looking at your site right about the time that my “baby” left for college. It has been great fun to follow another dynamic female through her early life.

11. Francesca says:

Hey Ben,

Hope that you feel better soon. Theres nothing worse than feeling sick, when the little infection vectors are feeling better. They have so little sympathy! We have had some sort of stomache bug passing out here (Calif) luckily my twins haven’t brought it home from anywhere. Also next time she hurls a lot, when you think its wise you could try Pedialyte popsicles. They are baby gatorade, with electerolytes and stuff. It has seemed to help when we’ve have stomache problems.

12. DavidNYC says:

Another virulent cases of the Trixies (C. Trixianus, for you science nerds). I think I’ve come down with it as well.

13. Rose says:

Ben,

Feeling any better this week? Or are you still in the trenches with the Trixie Super Virus?

14. Jan says:

man, the funk must have you bad to be out of comission for so long. Come back soon so we can hear more about Trixie

15. Nicholas says:

Please tell us what the symptoms are/were. It’ll will probably run through my family soon.