Ask your doctor to see if Infant Visual Stimulation is right for you

At the request of a reader, I pulled together some of visual patterns we tested on Trixie as an infant. However, for liability reasons, the Trixie Update doesn’t recommend using these for children under the age of 12.

The Trixie Update Human Infant Visual Stimulation Design Pattern Kit
Download: (PDF 68k)

This entry was posted in Behavior. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Ask your doctor to see if Infant Visual Stimulation is right for you

1. Valerie says:

Thanks for the pattern kit, I printed them off and showed them to my cat, who didn’t seem to care, so I’m thinking my baby’s head won’t explode. Did Trixie really react the way you describe or is that another one of your jokes? Either way, they should have some impact on the developing brain, so thanks again.

2. lori says:

Thanks for the Visual patterns, Ben. I’m going to try my own little experiment…see how it affects an adult mind (mine)…maybe even try it on my husband. Don’t think the cat has the attention span to look at all of them to give it a true testing.

Valerie: The descriptions in those stories are true. That’s why I really urge caution and parental discretion when using those images. The cat part is a joke. For the most part.

4. Valerie says:

OK, I will be careful. It’s really interesting that she reacted the way she did, I’ll have to let you know how my son fares. Thanks again!

5. Valerie says:

So my son was born Saturday, and last night I showed him the patterns for about 10 seconds each. His eyes bugged out each time…I think they are just so stimulating that their little brains don’t know what to do with the information they’re processing yet. It was interesting watching his reaction, but kind of creepy too, I wondered if his brain was going to overload. It’s amazing how much they take in in the beginning!

6. Christine says:

Hi I know I’m a lot late with this comment but I tried this after hearing about it in class and it was amazing! I have been doing this with my baby for the last three months (her whole life) and when she get over stimulated she looks away but she also always wants some kind of stimuli now like she’s borb with out something to look at.she has a fast orienting respose and a really rapid habituating response. (sorry if I miss spelled anything!)