I would laugh, but I think my throat would start bleeding

Trixie has successfully infected us once again. Jenn and I are horribly sick, providing further evidence that BIDS never goes away. I guess that shouldn’t really be a surprise because, by definition, BIDS isn’t going anywhere until there is no longer a baby in the house. And until then, every single germ Trixie brings home stands an excellent chance of exploding into our own private hot zone. The only good news is that before I got sick I almost finished up a two-part story (with pictures!) that should be up tomorrow.

This entry was posted in Day-to-Day Minutiae. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to I would laugh, but I think my throat would start bleeding

1. Katy says:

Get better soon! I’m sorry you got sick.

2. Lynne says:

You may want to try taking this stuff called Airborne. So far it has worked miracles in keeping away BIDS. You take it at the first sign of an impending cold or flu or whatever. I was pretty skeptical but it really has worked! It’s a tablet you plop in about a cup of water and it fizzes and dissolves. You take one tablet every three hours or so. It comes in lemon and orange and doesn’t taste THAT bad. I buy mine in Rite Aid but I’m sure it’s probably in any drug store. Give it a try!

3. Marge says:

I feel for you, I have my very first case of BIDS, thanks to my 2 month old, who hadn’t even been at daycare a week and got his first cold. Someone mentioned Airborne already. Had to add that a pharmacist friend suggested Zicam also, and swears by it, it’s 2 different types of zinc. I wanted to pass on a tip I learned, the lanolin for breastfeedinbg mothers works well to keep the nose and lips from getting too chapped from all those kleenexes. I looked like Rudolph and decided to give the lanolin a try. My nose felt better in just a few minutes, and looks fine despite mountains of tissues from nose-blowing. Hope you all feel better soon.

4. old school hannah says:

Sorry y’all are sick. How about a new poll: I start to panic when my fever hits . . . I’ll go ahead and answer, for me, it’s 99.2, for Sophie, I answered 103. Does that make me a bad parent?

5. Ellie says:

We can’t believe you two are sick! So sorry…call if you need anything. Love, P & E

We tried to fight it off with Oscillo this past cycle, but that didn’t work out so well. We’ll give Airborne a try.

7. Nina says:

I used ziacam! That stuff is amazing! I was only sick for about 2 days. I dunno about aireborn I never tried that but that ziacam stuff is good. I used the cold remedy oral mist only a few times while at work and it worked fast. Good luck and feel better soon!

8. Nina says:

wwhoops its Zicam. And its mint flavored.

9. Laura says:

Sorry to hear about your BIDS recurrence. Recurrance? Whatever. The kidlet and I have caught colds/flu on average about once a month. Hopefully this means that she’ll have all the antibodies for when she’s older and will never get sick (hey, a girl can dream, right?). ’cause when they get older, ya know, things can get a lot… messier…

10. Camille says:

Unfortunately BIDS doesn’t ever end it just morphs into KIDS when the baby grows into a kid and lets not even talk about when they enter school.