Trixie's sick

It’s like someone puréed a jellyfish, unscrewed the top of her head, poured it in, and now it’s slowly seeping out of every hole on her face. It’s the sort of thing we’ve all seen on at least 6 different X-Files episodes. It’s also the most pitiful I’ve ever seen her. We took her to the doctor, and she’s got bilateral ear infections. Welcome back to the Amoxicilin Club.

This entry was posted in Day-to-Day Minutiae. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Trixie's sick

1. old school hannah says:

Ohhh! So sad. It is so pitiful when they are so diminished by illness. Hope that Amoxicillin kicks in soon and gets Trixie back to her bird-watching self.

2. Franz says:

Ben,

So sorry to hear Trixie is leaking jellyfish. I hope her ear infection becomes no-lateral and soon!

Great site! I’m a first-time dad-to-be and really enjoy reading your archived daily posts, which provide a nice glimpse into how my world will be flipped on it side. I am very, very excited.

Being an engineer, I am amazed at the quality and quantity of data you collect. And, I must ask, how do you collect it? For example, is Trixie’s sleep log data all recorded and entered by hand? Do you have it automated in any way?

Thanks for sharing so much with the world!
    Franz.

3. Allison says:

Congrats on being in the magazine!

Just thought I would stop by to see your site. I’ll dub you honorary member of the Amoxicillin Club only b/c I happen to be president! (try three bilateral ear infections in three months that each lasted three weeks; the joys of parenthood…..)

poor trixie, i hope she feels better soon. we are on day nine of amoxicillin for an ear infection too, no mention of any lateralness and no sign of jellyfish. i see by the log that she is currently awake. sad babies make everyone feel bad. 🙁

5. Laurie says:

It’s my fault. Just a couple of days ago, I was thinking what a healthy child she seemed to be. 🙁

6. Dianne says:

Yesterday was Day 10 of our son’s amoxicilin regimen for bilateral ear infections. He’s now also on a nebulizer. Fortunately, no fever. Best wishes to Trixie for a speedy recovery and tell her to keep her jellyfish slime away from Mom and Dad so they don’t get sick too 🙂

7. lori says:

I feel for Trixie and hope she recovers quickly. When I was about 2 or 3 yrs old, I had what must have been a bad ear infection b/c I was hospitalized. Not a pleasant experience. They put me in a crib (after graduating to a “big girls” bed) and they wouldn’t let me keep my teddy bear with me overnight. Scarred for life – my teddy bear still holds a grudge!

Not to worry you though. Dr.’s took more drastic measures back then. Technology wasn’t the same and they just needed to observe me. They drained my ears and I’ve never had any complications(although I absolutely refuse to go to hospitals now).

8. hillary says:

oh no! have those birds been pecking at her ears?! those are three scary words.. bilateral ear infection. I live in fear because I know it’s out there, coming for us.

hope the amoxicilin kicks in soon and restores sweet little Trixie back to full strength!

Feel Better soon Trixie!