We were on a roll

Breaking all previous records, Trixie used the potty three different times today. Scientifically speaking, she did no.1 twice and no.2 once. However, she also rounded out the day with a nice big no.16 on the only spot of carpet in the whole house, and now Jenn is currently out buying some Resolve. I don’t really know if today counts as a net gain or loss.

This entry was posted in Day-to-Day Minutiae. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to We were on a roll

1. Jamie says:

Number 16? She IS advanced!

2. Tracy says:

I am new to your site but wanted to mention that there is a special mesh tent (Crib Safe Tent)that goes over cribs made especially for toddlers that climb. I recently got one at Baby Depot for my 14 month old and it works great. He didn’t like it the first nap but quickly got used to it. They are available at most baby stores. I am not ready to have my 14 month old roaming around and didn’t know what else to do – highly recommend this option.

3. Laura says:

After all the spewage I’ve been dealing with since Christmas, I don’t even want to KNOW what a No. 16 entails. I was lucky in that all the fluids that emerged from the kidlet ended up on hardwood. I would have thrown myself off of the balcony had we had carpet.

Resolve works great, though – take it from a cat owner who’s cats like to upchuck No. 3’s.

Hooray for Trixie! Hooray for Resolve! How exactly are you getting her to do this magnificent feat? Maddie has asked to use the potty a few times, but each time she sits and does nothing. Then, she stands up and pees. Sigh.

Not sure about the mysterious #16, but are you saying, without being so crass, that Trixie pooped on the potty when you say a #2? I know that’s what it usually means, but I find it so hard to believe that a babe her age would perform such a feat that I just need to make sure! That’s remarkable! Sounds like a net gain to me, but hard to tell w/o knowing what a #16 is!

No. 16 is a no. 2 with flair.

7. Summer says:

Hi, i just read about your site a few days ago from the Parent’s Magazine, and love it! My baby is 18 months old and it’s fun to see how other babies that age are, in everything!

8. u2604ab says:

Will there be a TPOD of the No. 16?

9. lori says:

Okay, I must say something here: Please, Ben, NO TOPD’s of the No.16! Not that I’m going to tell YOU how to run YOUR blog, but I’d prefer seeing Trixie (Katy’s wish) in a dress over that!!!

Don’t worry. There’s no chance of that happening. The closest I ever came was Sept 9, 2003.

11. lori says:

Precisely the image I imagined…only magnified!

Thank you!

P.S. Reality is one thing and I’m sure those are common sights for parents, but I’d prefer to wait until the time comes.

12. Stephanie says:

I’m wondering why you started with the potty so early? Did Trixie show interest?

We got her a little potty early on, and just let her hang out with us. I guess we’ve been doing it for six months now. We never pressured her to use it, but did try to catch her when she was getting ready to go. She now has a pretty good idea of when she has to go, but it doesn’t always translate into success.

14. cynfred says:

Hi again! I’m NAK so I have plenty of time to shift thourgh the comments.
    I think its cool that you started taking her to the potty 6 months ago. Many parents start elimination communication or infant hygeine when the baby is a newborn. I started when DD was 11 or 13 weeks. She is 21 weeks now. She will usually pee 3 to 6 times a day in her bowel. I’m not to succesful on the poops.