The TPODs of August

We’re taking a break from stories for this month (and maybe a week or so beyond.) But there will still be new TPODs (at least 5 days a week). September will be a good time to pick up the pace again.

So what do you have to look forward to in the new fall season? We’ve got some great story lines coming up. Here’s one — and this is pretty funny — Trixie is allergic to eggs. Can’t you just picture all the wacky misadventures that ensue? Like just last Saturday, when she vomited repeatedly all over her crib, stuffed animals and the rug. Boy – that was some crazy stuff. Or how it took her dense parents like 3 episodes over the past 4 months to finally figure out that the eggs were causing the vomiting? Sorry about that Trixie!! I still have egg on my face over that one!

Hopefully there will be more hijinks and less vomiting, but I have to work with what I’m given. Just thought I’d let you guys know what to expect.

This entry was posted in Day-to-Day Minutiae. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to The TPODs of August

I’ll miss the stories, but I understand.

Poor Trixie. Is she allergic only to eggs or to anything with eggs in it? Has she had the vaccine that has egg components in it (MMR, I think)? Did that affect her?

🙁
    Poor Trixie. Gives a whole new villainous angle to this guy, though, don’t it?

3. Leslie says:

I wonder if you will have any good stories about tantrums for us in September. We have been seeing a lot arise around G’s first birthday and I’d be interested in hearing your take on it. Incidentally, if Trixie remains tantrum-free, feel free *not* to mention this.

4. Becky says:

I have been lurking for quite some time now and have never commented, but I had to know; what happened to the seemingly endless diaper leak record? Despite the fact that I check the site several times a day, I just noticed that it has fallen!

5. Marjie says:

Eggs aren’t dairy. But that doesnt mean that she can’t also be allergic to dairy- milk, cheese, butter, etc. My son, now age 4, had serious projectile dysfunction during his first year and a half, and now my 2 year old is very allergic to milk, so she uses soy products.

Maddie’s Mom:
    Best we can tell it’s just eggs. She also hasn’t had the MMR yet.

Holy Moly, FrumDad! That’s an eggcellent observation!

Leslie:
    There’s no chance that Trixie will be tantrum-free.

Becky:
    Good old fashioned diaper failure. We normally use name-brand diapers for overnight, but on that day she was wearing a generic and she had had a lot of water before bed. A funny side note: I had considered turning off the Leak Record at 1000 hours because I figured it was no longer relevant.

Marjie:
    Luckily Trixie is not allergic to any dairy so far. She especially loves milk and cottage cheese.

7. Shelley says:

Was it the whole egg? We just fed our son (8 months) egg yolk last week and discovered the wonderful world of projectile vomiting. So, no more eggs for him until he can cook them himself.

We’ve tried both the whole egg and just the yolks. Both paths lead to puke.

9. marjie says:

guess that’s no yolk!

10. marjie says:

By the way, regarfding tantrums, my 2 year old daughter has a few tantrums left but they’re very short-lived. She flings her whole body onto the floor face down when she’s having one. I pay no attention to it, and when she figures that out (very soon) the tantrum is over. Then when she is back on good behavior, I praise her and change the subject. She quickly forgets what she was mad about.

11. Jo says:

marjie, I can relate, my 2nd son was a breath holder until he realised it didn’t do any good.
    Scared his Dad pretty good first time it happened when Dad was “in charge”. That son is now almost 36, with one of his 3 holding the record for tantrums! Jo

12. Genuine says:

I think I have a clean spot on this t-shirt somewhere…..yeah okay, I am ready to watch her. Just what I need more vomit on my shirt.

13. Jen says:

Hello, Jen here from Dad’s Eye View, a message board for dads..(I’m partner to one of it’s founders)
    We’ve started a thread talking about our favorite fathering blogs, and you were one of the first ones listed.
    Our forum is kind of slow right now–we’re still just getting it going–but if you felt like linking to us, we’d greatly appreciate it!

–Jen

14. Vomiting kids are never a good thing. I remember when my son Jaxon had a stomach flu and woke up in bed wretching his guts out – the night before I had to fly to New York City on business. I wasn’t my wife’s favorite person that week.

15. Trix,

Isn’t it great how many times we can get our parents to change our clothes in a single day? I think it’s brilliant how you got them to blame it on the eggs instead of you. Keep up the good work. You’re an inspiration to us all.

16. Indie says:

Aww! 🙁 Poor little Trixie. Within the past few years I have developed an allergy to eggs. I love eggs, but whenever I eat them I get an upset stomach and huge zits on my face that take over a month to get rid of.
    When I was little I was allergic to honey; I would puke and puke and puke whenever I ate some. However, I soon outgrew that allergy. Maybe Tixie will too. 🙂
    I hope you feel better Trixie!

BTW this is a cool website! Keep up the great work!