Radio Trixie

If you live in/near Santa Barbara, you might be able to hear a Trixie Update radio interview 6:30am tomorrow morning on the 99.9 KTYD Morning Show. I’ve never done one of these before, so I’m just hoping I don’t choke.

UPDATE [6:43]: We’re on!….
[6:52] And we’re clear!

I’d like to thank Matt, Julie, Hayseed, and Kristin for having me on their show this morning. It was a lot of fun, and I’m happy to report that there was no choking.

This entry was posted in Site News. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Radio Trixie

1. Laura says:

I’m sure you’ll do just fine, Ben! Break a leg!

2. Sarah says:

Cool. We’re in LA and up a 5am so we will give it a try.
    Good luck.

Sarah

Very cool! I just hope Trixie either behaves better for you than Maddie does for me when I’m on the phone or that your interview is during Trixie’s nap.

4. Jo says:

I’m jealous, I live in Indiana. Good luck! I’m sure you will do fine. CONGRADULATIONS YOU’VE ALMOST HIT THE BIG TIME!!! Jo

5. Amanda says:

Congrats! Glad there was no choking. Is there any way we get to hear the interview on TTU?

6. lori says:

Ditto to Amanda’s post. I live in So. Calif., but don’t get that station. So now, with the NYT headliner and the Santa Barbara radio show, TTU is coast to coast! Glad it went well.

I’m looking into getting a copy of the interview because I’d like to hear it too. If I get one, I’ll have to see if I’m allowed to post it on the site (you know, copyright issues.) But, I’ll definitely try to make it happen 🙂

LA readers: I found out that the station does not reach you guys. It’s drowned out by another stronger 99.9 that is based in LA. Sorry Sarah 🙁

The bad news is that I just found out there’s no way to get a copy of the interview. So unless there’s a TTU lurker living in Santa Barbara who taped the show and sends it to me anonymously, we’ll just have to use our imagination. Sorry about that. The good news is that the producer said they got a “great response from the listeners”, so that’s something. I guess we’ll see what happens to site traffic.

9. lori says:

That’s too bad. After getting the sad news, I went on KTYD’s website and noticed they have a section for “Audio Replays.” Glimmer of hope??? Also, sometimes radio stations will replay highlights of their morning radio program the next day (the one I listen to in LA does). Just throwing these suggestions out there, just in case…

10. Katy Mac says:

Congratulations!! That’s pretty exciting… Wish I could have heard it, but I can’t wait to hear about it. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to see yall this week-end.

11. John says:

There’s no internet stream? Sad.

12. John says:

Just visited the KTYD webpage – what an awful website. “Early Show Archives” doesn’t lead to archives of the erly show; it leads to photos. “Audio Replays” doesn’t lead to replays of the show’s audio but links to random stuff on the web. And the clipart of a bodiless hand dialing a phone… I would suggest they fire thier web designer but he probably retired in 1993.

13. Mary says:

I wish they had an audio clip too!

I agree with John’s post about that website. Check out this page:

Look at THURSDAY. Just below Ben’s story is the STORY O’ THE DAY. If you click on the link, you’ll see that the man was in a coma for 41 DAYS, not 41 YEARS as the headline on the radio station site states. I guess 41 days just wasn’t quite interesting enough. 😉