First Walk

steps

this morning

traveling
a

total of
 two feet.

The feat has not been repeated, but it’s pretty legitimate – Trixie has walked. In the two previous days she has taken a step or two, but without actually moving herself anywhere. Today she made some progress.

This entry was posted in Milestones. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to First Walk

1. tabitha says:

How exciting! Now come the bumps on the head. At least God gave them a hard head. Next up, climbing!

2. jennifer says:

oh i remember the days when callie was starting to walk. it was so exciting. i think i may have cried when she finally got the hang of it. about a week later though, i found myself saying to her over & over “sit down, callie, wanna sit down for mama?” oh the joys of a mobile child. now the fun really starts!

3. Tina says:

Congratulations! What a milestone…

4. Amanda says:

Holy Cow!! Now the fun really begins! It seems a little early to me for Trixie to be walking, but then again, Henry didn’t walk until he was 17 months old so anything prior to that seems a little early. He crawled way too fast and I guess he thought “why walk slowly when I can crawl quickly”. I didn’t think the child would ever walk. I hope we can see her (and you guys as well) soon!

5. Gosia says:

Congratulations for Trixie! Can’t wait to hear about her adventures when she starts moving around even more.

Gasp! That’s just what I did when I read this. I knew that little ambulator would be walking before she was a year. I’m so excited b/c now I don’t have to mop my floors before y’all come over for Sophie’s party. With no crawlers in the bunch, no need for extreme sanitation. Make suure she’s mastered it by day after tomorrow, okay? Seriously, how exciting! I remember it so well when Sophie took her 1st steps and as another poster mentioned, I too cried – something so amazing and bittersweet about seeing the baby upright. Human at last. Go Trixie!
    love hannah

Hooray for Trixie! I just love watching new walkers…they’re so drunkenly triumphant!

8. Jojo says:

Wow, congratulations! Another round of gravity-testing experiments has begun! This is such a great age – you can actually see them learning, and putting things together….

Ours learned how to climb out of her crib, the power of saying NO, and how to anticipate what direction her little brother was going (so she could go move her toys away from him) in the same week. You could actualy see the thought process going across her face … hmmm, baby crawling in this trajectory, toward a toy that I have absolutely no interest in, but I know I can get there first…. (This was about 26 months).

9. John says:

Congratulations!

That has to be just about the only time I’ve seen someone write in broken-up verse like that where it actually had something to do with the subject matter.

10. jtompkins says:

Ben, have been away for a week…..actually in Vegas!!! Thought of you and Jennifer when I saw some of the wedding chapels. Congrats on Trixie walking!!!! Have missed seeing her this week. Now the trouble starts… You think you’ve been busy so far, just wait!!! Ann walked at 7 months, Jeff at 9 months, and Greg at 15 months! Put on your running shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Graham says:

Trixie now that you are walking, it won’t be too long before you are talking and then reading and writing. Therefore I wonder if you need a gmail account? I am your age and my mom (Leslie who follows this site) and Dad snagged me an account and now I have one invite to give away. I’d rather give it to another baby than an adult. By the time we are old enough to read, all the good login names might be taken! If you are interested, please email me.

Not yet quite walking myself,

Graham

12. John says:

Heh. I made Colum a gmail account too.

13. fred says:

Yay, Trixie! That’s four more than I pull off after a night hanging with Schaffer.