Back on Course

Thanks again for all the great ideas. We’re sorting through and trying out everything. We’ll revisit the food report at some point and see how things are going. In related news, posting will probably be a little light this week now that I’m spending an extra nine hours a day feeding Trixie. In the meantime, enjoy tomorrow’s TPOD inspired by all the mealtime exploration and feeding discoveries that have taken place.

This entry was posted in Food, Site News. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Back on Course

Another suggestion for food: sticky rice. Basmati works well and is cheap if you buy it in bulk at whole foods. Sophie loved it (still does) and we used to call her the rice monster b/c of its gluelike quality which would leave grainst stuck EVERYWHERE for hours. Now I’m sure you’re sold . . .
    Hannah

2. Kelli says:

Okay…I think rice would certainly require the assistance of a dog to clean up! Whenever a child would have rice at the daycare I worked for, it was such a pain to get off the floor. Though no worse than spaghetti noodles, I guess. Neither of them can be “swept” up while moist. I suppose rice does, at some point, dry up, though.

3. Gary says:

There’s not a lot you can do about the mess, food will be thrown. A dog is a good idea but you will still need to mop. It’s best if you don’t let the dog clean the baby though as it will make her head snap back and forth as she is licked (at least that’s what happened when our 120 lb. Rottie tried to lick our baby clean).

Our boys made such a mess we couldn’t even go out to eat, I’m talking we couldn’t go to McDonald’s. For years. It’s pretty bad when your kids make such a mess you can’t go to McDonald’s. But we about have them house trained now. (The oldest is a First Class Midshipman at the Naval Academy and the youngest is starting University of Florida this fall, so there is hope). Oh, and girls are better then boys, they learn to be less messy earlier.

4. Becca says:

Um, I’d be careful about commenting on girls being neater. My sister is 16 and still hasn’t mastered the concept of eating over the table so that the food doesn’t fall everywhere. And the floor around her chair gives a meal history. However, I’ve always been a neat eater, so go figure.

5. Francesca says:

My twins are almost 3, but I still remember with horror the early days of self-feeding. I tried to talk my husband into a quick remodel of the kitchen; sloped floor, drain and spray hose, to be exact. All I can say is that it does change, not neccesarily for the better, but it will change.

6. Ann says:

Ah…there IS more to come. I’m remembering being a little kid and watching my even littler brother sitting in his high chair, shoving lima beans and raisins up his nose while my parents did their best to get him to blow those assorted gems back out into a napkin… It was his first (but not last)dinnertime trick. Oh, how Little Brother and I laughed the hearty laughs of small humans who find nostrils hilarious.

Good times, good times.

7. Lee says:

I’ve had two little girls then two great boys but never, absolutely NEVER, as much fun with kids’ digestive tracts as I am experienceing vicariously through all you young, brilliant, creative (Krazy) parents. Keep it up!

Lee